Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day Weekend Fun


This picture is so dear to me.  My sweet, sweet Papa who passed away a few years ago was an avid fisherman.  When he passed away, Jared received his tackle box and fishing poles.  Getting read for our trip this weekend involved getting Jacob ready for his first fishing experience.  A few nights before we left we had to get his tackle box together.  It was such a tender moment for me watching my son go through my Papa's things and pick out lures, worms, etc...to use on his trip.  There were several things that my Papa never got around to opening.  Jacob picked up one of the packs and said, "I think Papa got this for us to use."  Ya'll...I lost it.  I miss that man's presence in my life so much.  And I know with every fiber in my being that he and Jacob would have been the best of buddies.  I'm sure he was so proud looking down from heaven watching his great-grandson following in his footsteps.  Hopefully Jacob will grow to love fishing as much as he did.

We headed to Pigeon Forge for some Labor Day weekend fun.  Knowing that this was our last little getaway as family of three was bitter-sweet for me.  I wanted to soak up every minute of it.  Oh - and my parents and sister joined in too.

 Going fishing our first morning
 Learning to cast
 Doesn't get better than this
 Coach joining in the action
 Doesn't he look like a professional?...
 I think so
Ahhhh...I love this guy so much!!!
 Looking for rocks
 We found this cool slide and of course we had to go it
 Playing a little soccer
 Working a puzzle
 Learning to play Go Fish
And look...he got a match
 We took a tour of the Titanic museum.  Jacob is obsessed with pirates and ships right now.  From the moment we pulled into town he wanted to go visit the big ship.  Unfortunately, they don't allow photography so I don't have any pictures.  This one is of Jacob telling my dad all about the Titanic.  He was fascinated....Jacob, not my dad. Ha!
 This was the amazing view from our cabin
How can someone look at this and not believe in God?

The next morning we woke up and went for a big pancake breakfast.  After stuffing ourselves we decided to go for a drive up into the mountains.
 Family Shot
 That afternoon we had a terrible storm.  It rained harder than I have seen in a long time.  Jacob and my sister were so cute looking out the window at the rain that I couldn't resist a snapshot.

That night we went to eat at this really neat place called The Old Mill.  It was still raining when we were there, so I couldn't take any pictures. But, the food will forever live on in my mind. :)

The other thing Jacob really wanted to do was ride go karts.  The Lord was so merciful to stop the rain in time for my baby to gain some speed.
 I don't think he likes it at all ya'll....
 That face just says it all
 We also let him go for a little ride on the tea cups
Momma loves these kind of rides, but opted out being pregnant and all
 Hanging out on the porch our least evening there
That porch was awesome and where we spent most of our time
I realize that yes, I am pregnant, but I feel so huge in this picture
 29 weeks....ahhhhhh
 Me and the hubs
 No words
 Saying goodbye...to bad it was so foggy out that we couldn't capture the mountains in the background

Headed home

Thanks Mom and Dad for a great weekend.  I'm so thankful for these times I get to be with the ones I love the most!!  The only way it could have been better would have been to have Samson there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment