Thursday, July 2, 2009

8 sweet wonderful months

Our sweet baby boy turned 8 months this week. Oh my!!! He is growing so fast. And each stage he goes through just gets better and better. He is so full of joy and fun at this time. He loves to smile and laugh....and, well he LOVES to be the center of attention. And does this boy ever have a lot of people that love to give him what he wants :)
Fun Things Right Now:
-Jacob loves to squeal. He has been making all kinds of strange and L-O-U-D noises lately. Funny baby!!!
-Jacob has learned to "click" his tongue. He now does this all the time....and it is quite cute.
-J's sounds are becoming more defined and advanced. He is now making "da", "pu", "ga", and "huh" sounds- the last one is his favorite sound.
-He started eating Gerber Puffs. At first we choked but we've mastered them now and they come in quite handy when we are at a restaurant. Fave flaves - peach, sweet potatoe, banana, and cherry.
-This boy loves water. We try to go swimming often. It's so fun to watch him splash and play.
-Jacob mastered the SLOW crawl last month, but now he is all over the place. I can barely turn my back and he is somewhere he's not supposed to be.
-Which brings me to my next point. Babyproofing the house. This is on the agenda for the weekend. I so can't believe this time has already come. My life has officially gone to a whole new level.
-J has learned object permanence. We play hid and seek all the time and he loves to anticipate when we will pop up to say boo. J has also started playing it with us. Sometimes he will take a shirt or a blanket and put it over his face. Then he'll pull it down and look at you and smile really big. So fun!!! Also, if we take something away that he is playing with he looks for it.
-Along with this we have really been noticing lately that Jacob recognizes different people. He gets soooooooo excited when his daddy comes home. And, he has different expressions when he sees a grandparent or an aunt than he does with just someone we meet randomly. It is so sweet!!!
-On the sadder note Jacob has also started crying the minute his daddy or I walk out of the room. We always come back, but I guess he just doesn't quite understand that. It's such a pitiful cry to....like out of complete desperation. His bottom lip quivers and everything. Sweet, sweet baby boy!
-J is becoming quite the inquisitive little fellow. He will look at a toy or well, really anything and just inspect it and try to figure it out. Jared and I have talked that it's like you can see the wheels in his brain turing trying to understand things. Example: the other night we were at my parent's house and Jacob sat in between my dad's legs for 45 minutes playing with the shoelace on my dad's shoe. He wanted so badly to figure out how to untie it.

We are so blessed to have such a sweet and fun child. I am so grateful to God for the privilege of allowing me to be his mommy. What an honor!!! I just hope I can love him and raise him well.
Happy 8 Months. I love you my sweet baby boy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment