Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Busy Bee Kind of Week

We've had quite a busy week. We went to watch the Belmont Bruins play basketball on Monday night!! They won and it was a lot of fun. I (Jacob) love to go to the games and watch the boys run around on the court. I will NOT turn my eyes away from the action unless you are giving me food. :) It's kindof noisy in there, but I think it's cool...

Me and Coach at half-time

Mrs. Margaret loves to hold me

Here I am with the special bib BW gave me

I Love Basketball!!!!!

My mommy and I played a lot this week too. We love to read books. Our favorite book right now is a rhyming book called, "Ten Friendly Fish". I don't know if I really like it or not, but my mommy sure does and she reads it to me a lot!!!! I went to the doctor for a check-up and I now weigh 14 pounds and 7 ounces. I am such a growing boy. I am also now a whopping 24 inches long....maybe I'll be a basketball player.

Mommy and I worked on some of my developmental skills too:

Here I am trying to sit up. I don't quite have full control
of my head, but I'm working on it.

We practiced walking. That is fun.
I want to crawl first though - don't worry!

Can you tell I'm trying to laugh in this picture? Mommy and Daddy are so funny. I want to laugh at them all the time, but I just can't quite get it out yet. At the moment I just open my mouth REALLY wide and smile. They still think it's the cutest thing they've ever seen.

Tummy Time

I like to stand on Mommy's lap

Tuesday night Mommy and Daddy went to a play so I got to go play with Grammy and Papa Doc. Boy was it fun. We went and visited my great-grandparents too!!! I sure do have lots of people that love me. I love to spend time with my Grammy and Papa Doc....they are funny. If you don't believe me look at the picture below. They got a new toy- it's supposed to be for me. I think Grammy likes it a little too much if you know what I mean (and I think you do!)

Funny Grammy

Friday night I had a spend the night party with Coach and Mot-Mot. They are fun too! They let me stay up past my bedtime. I hope my parents don't find out!!! We played in the swing and read books. They talked to me and made me laugh lots.
Taken when I got there....they didn't even let me take my hat off.

Having a private conversation with Coach and Mot-Mot

Today (Saturday) was fun. My mommy picked me up this morning from the grandparents. We met for brunch at J. Christopher's in Cool Springs. I talked and smiled the whole time. This afternoon we went to Emma's birthday party. Emma is my neighbor and special friend. She turned 5 today and her party was so much fun. It was at Pump It Up. I'm still too little to play, but boy I can't wait til next year. Here are a few pictures from the party. You people sure missed out on some fun!!!.....
This is my neighbor Chad. He went so fast.

This is the birthday girl, Emma

Me and Pops

Mommy didn't know how I could fall asleep with so much going on.
When you're tired, you're tired.

Here's Mommy with her neighbor friends
Kristen and Tara

Pops let me bounce a little - SO FUN
Later we met Grammy and Papa Doc for dinner, but I slept through the whole thing. Tonight Chad and Tara came over and played board games with Mommy and Daddy. I didn't really understand what they were playing but they sure did laugh a lot.
That's all for now. Stay tuned because I have a play date with my girlfriend Addy Grace on Monday and our mommies are CRAZY!!!! I know there will be pictures to come. And, Mommy is trying so hard to capture me laughing with the video camera. We'll see if she gets lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment