Saturday, August 21, 2010

Living Proof Weekend

Last weekend I had the privilege of going to a Living Proof Live event to hear Beth Moore speak with three of my beloved friends.
Becki, Leeanna, Leah, and myself
For those of you that have never heard Beth speak before you are really missing out. She is so energetic, passionate, wise, inspiring...I could go on. Every time I get to hear her I get SO excited. I know three things are for certain: 1) I am going to have a blast, 2) I am going to be extremely challenged and encouraged, and 3) I know I am going to have an intimate encounter with God Himself.
God always uses Beth to speak such truth to my soul. This weekend was no different. Our topic was "Eat, Pray, Love" (although it had nothing to do with the movie that just came out). We talked about how we don't just need to read God's Word - we need to EAT His words and allow them to penetrate our hearts and minds. We talked about how we can PRAY to God and expect Him to hear us. We also spent time grappling with God's unconditional love for us. I was reminded again that there is NOTHING I can do to make God love me any less. God is incapable of loving me less because God is love. For God to love me less He would have to lessen Himself which He will not do. Oh, my heart is thankful. What a wonderful God I serve.
Beth bringing a word from Jeremiah
Before leaving town we went to get ice cream at this local place called "Graeters". The name suits it well because it was great.
The best part of our ice cream experience was who we got to eat it with....
That's right - sweet Beth herself
oh, and Travis the worship leader
Can't wait for LPL in September!!

No comments:

Post a Comment