Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jacob's Birthday Weekend Extravaganza!!!!

Our sweet little boy turned ONE last Saturday, October 31st...our little Halloween baby! We had a great weekend of celebration. I can't believe Jacob is already a year old. The time has gone by so fast. This has hands down been the best year of my life. This time last year I was just getting used to having a baby and now I can't imagine a day without my little monkey man. The following note was written on J's actual bday.

Jacob,
Today you are ONE. Can you believe it!?! This year has gone by so fast. I remember last year when you came early. I could not wait to meet you, and hold you, and kiss you, and snuggle you, and watch you sleep, and rock you, and read to you...I could go on forever. Now I love to watch you feed yourself, wave bye bye, clap your hands, stand up by yourself, play with your toys, and get excited about so many things. I love to watch your eyes light up - those big, beautiful blue eyes that just melt my heart. And, I love to listen to your silly, precious giggle. You can make me laugh like no one else. I love it when you want to snuggle with me and read a book. You have come a long way from the newborn I held in my arms for the first time 12 months ago. I am so proud of you and the way you are growing. It is so fun to watch you learn and explore this great big world around you. I hope you never lose your excitement and passion for life. You are such a happy, playful, loving, gentle, inquisitive child and I absolutely LOVE those qualities about you. I pray you will continue to be this same person as you get older. Oh, how I love you so. God know just what child would be perfect for me and I am so very honored to be your mommy! I have loved this first year with you. Getting to know you and pour into your life. I look forward to year two. May it brings as many blessings as this first year has.

All my love,
Mom
(Be warned - there are MANY pictures to follow....)

We had two birthday parties. Saturday was for friends and Sunday was for family. The first pictures are from the friend party. The kids came dressed up in costume. So stinkin' cute!!!
Birthday sign


Present Central

Party Favors

Waiting for guests to arrive with Papa Doc
Family Photo Time
Me and the monkey

Sweetest little monkey I know
Playing with Becca
Emma dressed as Fancy Nancy
Addy the peacock

Jacob snuggling with Matt
Playtime
Having a moment with Pops
Jeremy and the BDay boy

Taylor didn't want to wear her costume
The Corn's
Getting ready for cake


Yummo!!!!

Messy Messy
Present time
Cars
Super fun books
What's in here?
Blocks
Super cute bib that Jenny made
Noah's Ark and a Krispy Kreme hat from the Crawfords. Thanks guys!!
Aunts

The Shoe's

Daren the donut guy
Of course we had to do a little trick or treating Saturday night. Here's a family shot before we left the house.

Showing Coach his dump truck - I think this was one of his favorite presents
Balloons of Fun

Too Too Cute
LeeLee and her monkey
Sunday was the family party. It was just as fun as Saturday. Jacob was definitely celebrated well. We got yummy cupcakes from the Cupcake Connection. I almost didn't want to eat them they looked so good. Almost.


Present Central...again
Snuggling with Tara
Sweet Pappy
Mot Mot

Cupcakes 2 days in a row

Delish
Do you think he likes sweets?

Going for a ride on the dump truck

I like my caterpillar

The wheels on the bus go round and round
The wagon
Checking out his new toys
Trying out the wagon for the first time -we LOVE it
Happy 1st Birthday Buddy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Sweet Boy! What a fun weekend! Oh, and I heart cupcake collection :)

    ReplyDelete