Monday, October 18, 2010

Our Pumpkin

In the last post I told ya'll what a great time we had at the pumpkin patch. Jacob picked out a GREAT pumpkin for us to take home and carve. Saturday afternoon Jacob helped carve his first ever Halloween pumpkin. He loved it!!
our pumpkin (we hadn't washed the dirt off yet)
J inspecting the pumpkin
watching Pops cut the top off
removing the top
taking a look inside
ooooh....it's squishy
J scooping the seeds out

stirring it (we made pumpkin soup)
Look - I got a couple of seeds
Mmmm this soup is "licious"


trying to pick the pumpkin up
finished product
I decided to go with a monogram. I figured from here on out Jacob will want some kind of face or Halloweenish object. I wanted one last year of classy and simple. I love it!!!
of course we had to light it up
I just adore fall
Jacob had a blast. He talks about his pumpkin all the time. He also loves to watch it light up at night and blow the candle out before we go to bed. I just love getting to relive all this fun childhood stuff through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment