Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Coach and A Little Catching Up

I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. There's lots to talk about. First thing first......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COACH!!!!!
My dad had his birthday last week, June 4th. He and my mom had been in Florida at a conference and happened to fly home on his birthday. So, we decided to give him a little birthday surprise at the airport.
Jake (in his home made t shirt) with Coach and the big Birthday card
J was excited to see his Gama too!
Jacob before we left for the airport in the shirt I made for him (aren't we crafty!?!)

The following few pictures were taken after we got home from the airport. I put the boy in his pack-n-play while I fixed his bottle. When I looked over to check on him this is what I found....
Yep, that's right folks....my child can now officially pull himself up!
Look Mommy!
I am sooooooo proud of myself
Now Jacob is at the perfect height for Samson to get some extra lovin'
So, the pack-n-play I can handle but the next afternoon at naptime I wasn't prepared for. I put Jacob down and usually he talks himself to sleep. Well, on this day he was quiet for a few minutes (I thought all was well) and then all of a sudden I hear him screaming crying. What in the world?....I run in to check......
Is that not the saddest face?! He can stand up but doesn't know how to sit himself back down. Quite frustrating!!!
Up close
Poor little prisoner
You may think this is cute....and it was. But, only the first couple of times. This went on for a good 2 hours before he finally fell asleep. He would stand up, cry, I would lay him back down, repeat. I guess he's still too little to understand that "hey, if I don't stand up this won't keep happening". Poor little baby!!!
We're also working on sitting up. J is good when he has something to support him. Getting stronger every day.
What a stud I am!!

Read himself to sleep in the car. Do we have a genius on our hands or what people!?!
A couple of weekends ago Jared's cousin Brad and his beautiful (and expectant) wife came for a visit. We went over and had dinner with them at Gran and Pappy's. Such a nice evening
They are going to be great parents
Sweet little fella after a long night
Silly Pappy
Jacob showing off his crawling skills
No more pictures pleeeeaaassseeee....
Isn't it great that big thighs are CUTE at this age?

Sweet little family
J sportin' Coach's UT hat
Our sweet little boy is now in his 7th month of life. I can't believe. This is going by way too fast. He is changing and learning so much every day. I absolutely LOVE this age though. He is so playful and interactive. What a joy! Here are some of J's favorite things to do right now......
-CRAWL. He is all over the place. Part of me is sad over this new accomplishment, but I'm so enjoying him learn new skills. He is so proud of himself and is quite content to play on the floor for hours.
-Standing up in his crib- see pics above
-Going for walks. We try to take a walk every day. Jacob loves to look at all the interesting things
-Give slobbery kisses. They are the best. This past week he has started grabbing for our faces with his sweet little hands and opening his mouth really wide and putting it on our cheek. So cute!!!!
-They say that boys thrive on physical touch. It could not be truer with our son. He is the happiest when he is being held, talked to, hugged, and tickled. When we tickle him his whole face lights up and he laughs uncontrollably.
-This boy loves his oatmeal.
-Swimming. We have gone to the pool several times already this summer and Jacob enjoys being in the water so much.
-Jacob is learning to play peek-a-boo. The other morning while in his highchair he kept putting his book over his head. We'd say "where's Jacob?" and then he would bring the book down and smile really big.
-Jacob has always liked Samson, but recently it has become an obsession. Whenever Samson comes close he stops what he is doing and looks at him. If Sam is close enough Jacob will try to touch him. The other morning I was getting ready and Jacob was lying on the bed. Samson jumped up and laid down next to him. All of a sudden I heard the biggest laughter. Jacob was staring at Samson and smiling at him. It was so cute!
-Sitting in his highchair while mommy cooks
-Having alone play time in his pack-n-play. We are working on this about 15-20 min. every day. So far he is doing great. A book I read says that it helps with the development of their fine motor skills b/c being in a confined place helps them be able to focus on objects better. Plus, it gives mommy a chance to get some stuff done while I know he is safe.
-Reading and chewing on books
-Just loving life. We have such a happy, joyful, content little baby. For that I am so thankful. We are so blessed and are loving every minute with him. What an honor to get to be his parents.
I'll leave you with a few pictures we've taken of Jacob so far this month. Enjoy!!!


1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are so great! The outdoor ones are coming out really nice with the lighting. I remember that blue chair from when we were kids!! :)

    Love you,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete