Monday, March 9, 2009

T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

So I knew the time would come when Jacob would no longer stay on his back to sleep. However, I wasn't prepared for it. I went in to check on him this morning during nap time and this is what I found....
Oh my sweet, sweet boy. Mommy is NOT ready for this. But, it is still cute. As you can see we are still using a sleep positioner. Jacob is laying on top of it and it doesn't seem to be keeping him awake at all. Funny guy!!!

In other news, we had the most wonderful weekend. A lot of it was due to the weather. Wasn't it just perfect outside!?! I hope everyone was able to enjoy the sunshine a bit. We sure did. Saturday morning I went to a consignment sale with a friend and got some AWESOME clothes for Jacob. Did I say awesome? That afternoon we went on a lovely walk in the park with our neighbors. We all thought we would walk until Emma (she's 5) got tired, but we all managed to tire long before her. It was a great day to spend in God' beautiful creation with wonderful friends. Jacob has not been outside much since it has been cold. He was fascinated. He kept looking at the trees and talking to them. It was super cute. However, it must have worn him out because after we got home he fell asleep like this....

One pooped little dude

Sweet boy

My parents came over Saturday evening and we grilled out. What a treat!! We are so excited grilling weather is back. After dinner, Jared and I challenged my dad to a game of RISK. For those of you that don't know my father. He is EXTREMELY competitive and usually beats us. Well, this time was no different. He dominated!! It was so much fun.
Jacob loves spending time with his grandparents...they spoil him. We are so very thankful that all of Jacob's grandparents live so close. I grew up 6 hours away from my grandparents and always felt like I missed out on things that my cousins didn't. I am so glad Jake is able to see them often.

J with Coach and Nonni

Some of our friends gave J this fun toy. It's a catapillar that sings songs and J loves it. He and Coach had fun playing with it together.
Our other exciting news of the weekend is that Jacob's Aunt Emily came for a visit. She goes to school at UT Chattanooga and is in the interior design program. It keeps her very busy so she is not able to come home a lot. We sure do miss her. Emily had not seen Jacob in 8 weeks. I think she was a little surprised at how much he has grown. We had a great time.
Jacob and Emily

Here we are at P.F. Chang's. We attempted to take pictures, but as you can tell it was really, really windy. They didn't come out quite like we hoped. Oh well....

Me, Jared, Jacob, Emily, Grammy, Papa Doc, and Jayme
Emily got to help with bath time last night. Jacob LOVED it. He smiled, cooed, and kicked his feet against the sides (I think he liked the noises it made) the whole time. He always smells so yummy after a bath. Oh, and he looks cute too!!!!....
Emily and my little water bug
We are looking forward to a full week ahead. Will try to update again soon. In closing, here is Jacob in his first Spring outfit. Absolutely presh!!! We love this time of year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment